The LMU-CVM only accepts transfer students from AVMA COE accredited colleges.
Transfer Applicant Requirements
In order to be considered for a transfer to LMU-CVM, applicants must:
- Be actively enrolled in and taking classes at an AVMA COE accredited college of veterinary medicine at the time of application and transfer.
- Have a minimum of a 3.0 overall GPA in veterinary school.
- Meet all LMU-CVM prerequisite coursework.
- Completed coursework from current CVM must be similar to LMU-CVM curriculum prior to the time of transfer. (Prior to starting the transfer application, we highly recommend emailing us to verify that the coursework the applicant has completed is similar enough to the LMU-CVM curriculum to transfer. In the email, please include a list of courses completed and/or currently taking and the semester into which the transfer is requested.)
Transfer students are required to take all scheduled courses at LMU starting the first semester they are enrolled. Transfer students are not eligible to opt out of any scheduled courses.
Required Transfer Application Materials
The following materials are required to be considered for a transfer:
- A letter of intent to transfer that includes:
- a well-written explanation of the student's reason(s) for requesting a transfer;
- an indication of the semester and year of the curriculum into which the transfer is requested.
- A current curriculum vitae or resume.
- A letter of character and academic reference (including class rank and overall GPA) from the Associate Dean of the College of Veterinary Medicine from which the student desires the transfer.**
- Three letters of reference from former instructors who are members of the faculty of the College of Veterinary Medicine from which the student wishes to transfer.**
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.**
**Transcripts and letters of recommendation sent by the student will not count as official. They must come directly from the source to be considered official.
Transfer Materials can be mailed to:
Lincoln Memorial University College of Veterinary Medicine
Office of Student Services and Admissions
6965 Cumberland Gap Parkway
Harrogate, TN 37752
or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Transfer Application Deadline
Applications for Spring Semester are due by November 1. Applications for Fall Semester are due by April 1. Only complete applications will be considered.
Approval of Transfer Request
All completed transfer applications will be reviewed by the LMU-CVM Admissions Committee. Under most circumstances, the decision will be based upon the following factors:
- The existence of an appropriate vacancy.
- The approval of the transfer from the sending school.
- The student's reason(s) for requesting transfer.
- The student's academic performance.
- The level of support communicated in the letters of reference.
- The satisfaction of all CVM curricular requirements.
Transfer applicants will be notified by LMU if their request to transfer is approved.